1. Eaton JJ, McTigue DJ, Fields HW, Jr, Beck M. Attitudes of contemporary parents toward behavior management techniques used in pediatric dentistry. Pediatr Dent. 2005;27(2):107-113.
2. Jankauskiene B, Narbutaite J. Changes in oral health-related quality of life among children following dental treatment under general anesthesia. A systematic review. Stomatologija. 2010;12(2):60-64. doi: 102-05 [pii].
3. Holm-Knudsen RJ, Carlin JB, McKenzie IM. Distress at the induction of anesthesia in children. A survey of incidence, associated factors, and recovery characteristics. Paediatr Anaesth. 1998;8(5):383-392.
4. Casamassimo PS, Fields HW, McTigue DJ, Nowak A. Pediatric dentistry: Infancy through adolescence. 5th ed. St. Louis: Elsevier Saunders; 2013.
5. Rothbart MK. Temperament, development, and personality. Current Directions in Psychological Science. 2007;16(4):207 212. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8721.2007.00505.x
6. Cohen-Salmon D. Perioperative, psychobehavioural changes in children. Ann Fr Anesth Reanim. 2010;29(4):289-300. doi: 10.1016/j.annfar.2010.01.020 [doi].
7. Lee HH, Milgrom P, Starks H, Burke W. Trends in death associated with pediatric dental sedation and general anesthesia. Pediatric Anesthesia. 2013;23(8):1-10.
8. Lee JY, Vann WF, Roberts MW. A cost analysis of treating pediatric dental patients using general anesthesia versus conscious sedation. American Dental Society of Anesthesiology. 2001;48:82-88.
9. Manski RJ, Edelstein BL, Moeller JF. The impact of insurance coverage on children’s dental visits and expenditures, 1996. J Am Dent Assoc. 2001;132(8):1137-1145
10. Fields HW, Machen JB, Murphy MG. Acceptability of various behavior management techniques relative to types of dental treatment. Pediatric Dentistry. 1984;6(4):199-203.
11. ElBadrawy HE, Riekman, GA. A survey of parental attitudes toward sedation of their child. Pediatric Dentistry. 1986;8(3):206-208.