Out of all dental crown options, all-porcelain offers the most natural-looking tooth colour. Interestingly enough, all-porcelain has a unique combination of being both strong and weak.
On the one hand, porcelain is harder than tooth enamel, damaging the opposing natural teeth. This is especially something to consider for patients who have a habit of clenching and grinding their teeth. At the same time, porcelain can fracture easily when it is too thin or flexed due to clenching and grinding.
- Produces the most lifelike cosmetic results
- Reduces temperature sensitivity since it doesn’t conduct heat or cold well
- An excellent choice for patients with metal sensitivities
- Fractures more easily when compared to other crown materials
- More tooth structure will need to be removed
- Can damage opposing teeth